Re: All of a sudden only five fonts available

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 06:44:45PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:10:52PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> >
> > [ CCs welcome, I am subscribed to debian-kde ]
> >
> > Using testing with regular updates, I ran into a font problem.
> >
> > Helvetica (my default font) is gone when kde is running. The "client"
> > desktop uses another box as its fontserver, and that "server" has no problem
> > displaying the fonts to itself.
>
> Stop using anti-aliasing?

Thanks, that did it.  But

  a)  I'd rather not give up anti-aliasing which worked for years now since
      Ivan's KDE 1.something release

  b)  I really don't get why the xfs/xfstt "client" computer cannot get them
      when yhe xfs/xfstt "server" has them working.

When anti-aliasing is on, all I get is

  Century Schoolbook
  Dingbats
  Nimbus (three variants)
  Standard Symbols
  URW (four variants)

but nothing else.

--
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
							    -- Fred Brooks