Re: AA for KDE?

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 02:04:01AM +0000, John Gay <johngay@eircom.net> wrote:
> I can set QT_XFT=1 from a shell and then launch KDE app's from that shell and
> have AA, but where do I set this to be enabled from boot again?

Fire up Control Center.. go to Look & Feel.. then to Fonts. There's a
little checkbox there that says "Use Anti-Aliasing for fonts and icons".
This works for me... should work for you too.

> On a similar topic, I made a new AA font for my daughter. Where do I install
> this and set it up so X and KDE can find it?

If it's a true-type font, put it in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ and then
run mkfontdir, that should get X to recognize your font.

--
Kamil Kisiel <kamil@kamilkisiel.net>
ICQ: 253495