Re: KDE3 alpha .debs around?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:28:08PM +0000, Kyle Gordon wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 22:42, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> > not much heard about KDE3.deb lately. Are there any KDE3
> > alpha/experimental debs around? Until last time when I worked upstream on
> > karm Ivan's alpha stuff did fine for me, but that's no longer the case it
> > seems.

I have experimental .deb's which do not work. Everything segfaults on
load, I'm going to check this out, but it could be due to a botched
local qt3 install.

> > I'd really could use *any* quality of KDE-head debs, I only need to be
> > able to aproximately compile and start some stuff to check features etc.
> > It doesn't have to be anything near perfect or stable.

Give me 24 hours or so.

> I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I ask silly questions :-p
>
> On a related note to Tomas' post, I noticed KDE3 (well, the splash
> screen at least :-) went into the unstable release a few weeks ago, but
> as of yet there has been no further updates. Is this normal practice, or
> does KDE take a little bit longer to settle in with Debian??

KDE3 is not in unstable, and won't be for some time.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<doogie> I just go and break dpkg.  that's my lot in life.