KDE on Potato - how to autostart

Hi All

I've just installed KDE 2.x (from kde.debian.net) on my Potato box.
I've been running WindowMaker and OpenStep (standard Potato install).

Now when I connect to my box from Xwin32 on my laptop via XDM, I still get the WindowMaker desktop.  There is a 'KDE' entry on the WindowManager menu that runs KDE fine.

What I want is KDE to start after the XDM login screen.  How to I do this?  I tried playing with the /etc/alternatives for x-window-manager and x-session-(something).

TIA

Dave
--
David Shepherd