Re: remembering window settings

You could use ssh-agent at login to authenticate an ssh certificate,
and then use the -f switch on an ssh command to fork ssh into the
background. (i.e., ssh user@remote.box.com -f  gbuffy). It works well
to start an x app without using a terminal. However, my $.02 would be
to still close the app before shutting down so ssh has time to logout
gracefully, and start the command from a shell script in your
.kde/autostart folder if you want it to start every time you log in.