Re: KDE3 CVS (yesterday) binaries for Woody available

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 03:00 pm, Jens Benecke wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:34:34PM -0800, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:
> > Totally unrelated thought/question/request for input.....
> >
> > Over spring break, we're looking at putting together a small cluster here
> > in the shop. Athlon 850, dual P3 720, Duron 1 gig, Athlon 1 gig.  Is it
> > possible to use a cluster like this to compile the cvs stuff??? or am I
> > having another flashback to the 60's? (we had better drugs then!!)  :--)
>
> If you can get MOSIX (www.mosix.org) to run, this should be trivial. Mosix
> essentially makes a network of single CPU machines look like one big SMP
> machine. I could perhaps even join your cluster. :)
>
> But perhaps it would be easier just to share one NFS mount, compile
> qt-copy, kdesupport, kdelibs and kdebase on one machine, and then
> distribute the rest of the system on the other machines.

	Well, I was just thinking that if I could get mosix up and running (along
with the power that it would/should allow, I could offer David or Chris
access for the 'big crunch' times. (shrug)  I'm not a programmer (any longer)
so I would like to contribute.....  if I can thru pure horsepower, so much
the better. :--)

	And yes, Jens, if you REALLY need to be part of my cluster (ooooo! now
there's a lead-in!!), yer welcome to join. :--)  But first, let me GET a
cluster..........

Regards, good wishes, damn .conf files anyhow!!

Griz
- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                            Toll Free (866) 562-7160
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus
Torvalds

"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."