Re: KDE3 CVS (yesterday) binaries for Woody available

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:34:34PM -0800, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:

> Totally unrelated thought/question/request for input.....
>
> Over spring break, we're looking at putting together a small cluster here
> in the shop. Athlon 850, dual P3 720, Duron 1 gig, Athlon 1 gig.  Is it
> possible to use a cluster like this to compile the cvs stuff??? or am I
> having another flashback to the 60's? (we had better drugs then!!)  :--)

If you can get MOSIX (www.mosix.org) to run, this should be trivial. Mosix
essentially makes a network of single CPU machines look like one big SMP
machine. I could perhaps even join your cluster. :)

But perhaps it would be easier just to share one NFS mount, compile
qt-copy, kdesupport, kdelibs and kdebase on one machine, and then
distribute the rest of the system on the other machines.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke
www.jensbenecke.de, www.hitchhikers.de, www.linuxfaq.de

V: Epson Stylus Color 600, 1440dpi, inkl. 4F+4SW-Patronen
V: 2x IBM 4.3GB UW-SCSI Festplatten, hdparm: 10-13MB/sec