Re: CD Writer for filesystems, & HD Backup SW HowTo - Recommendations please?

On Sunday 27 January 2002 03:42 pm, tluxt wrote:
> --- ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:
> > > Do you know of a user or sysadmin oriented document available on the
> > > net that talks about Linux device drivers & modules?
> >
> > go to debianhelp.org.
> > try 'kernel module cdrecord'
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> > sorry, i don't have a cd burner so i'm not a good resource on exactly
> > what you need.
>
> Actually, I was asking you about module info in general, not specifically
> re CDs.  Perhaps nothing yet exists that explains for users, people trying
> to set up a Debian system, what they need to know about dealing with
> modules.

go to debian.org/doc--there are enough links there to set you on your way to
knowing anything you might ever need to know about modules, kernels, debian,
linux, free software, etc. check the HOWTO's. check the kernel HOWTO, the
configuration HOWTO. i expect that they will have something to start you on
your way. start with finding out what the kernel is and does, and
the concept of a module in relation to that, and the mechanics of its use
will soon become apparent.

btw, it's usually a pain for most people to get cc: replies to their mailing
address. this is the most well attended list i ever dealt with, so it's
sufficient to reply only to the list address. occasionally, someone might
request a cc: to their address for whatever reason but, in general, keep in
mind that you only need to reply to the list address.