Re: term messed up in konsole?

This is actually probably more to do with resizing the window than
anything else.  If you were is a console proram like pine and resized the
window, then the SIGWINCH probably did not propagate properly to bash and
so it no longer knows the correct size of the window.  To fix it, just
resize the window again, or send SIGWINCH to your bash process with
kill -SIGWINCH [bash proc num]
see signal(7) and kill(1)