Re: Status of prelink for kde packages

On Monday 21 January 2002 04:37, fl ² wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A couple of months ago, Ivan said prelinking would be available for KDE
> packages once upstream changes are made to binutils & glibc
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200110/msg00269.html
>
> As I am not a glibc insider, I'd like to know how things are progressing
> and if we can expect prelinked kde package in sid anytime soon

According to  http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/242/2001/10/0/6957575/
one should think that the changed binutils and glibc are already in the
archives, reading /usr/share/doc/binutils/Changelog.gz however does not
exactly confirm this. (I have  binutils ver. 2.11.92.0.12.3)
cheers,
Yven

--

Yven Leist - leist@beldesign.de-