Re: Printing in KDE - How best to - Konq, inkjet

On Friday 18 January 2002 05:04 am, tluxt wrote:
> What's the best way currently to set KDE up for printing?
> Have you done this recently?

<snip>

This is basically what David just said, but all in a nice little HOWTO for
Debian.

http://mumford1.dyndns.org/~bs7452/linuxhelp/cups.html

It's what I used, and I printed a document from Konq to my Stylus 740 just
the other day.  Works pretty well.  I can print from Windows to the printer
as well.

If you aren't interested in the Samba stuff then you can just skip those
steps.  The first step, which lists dependancies, is the most important as it
sets you up with everything you need installed.  After that, you can just do
the CUPS Web setup steps to configure the printer.