Re: Printing in KDE - How best to - Konq, inkjet

--- Jason Boxman <jasonb@edseek.com> wrote:
> This is basically what David just said, but all in a nice little HOWTO for
> Debian.
>
> http://mumford1.dyndns.org/~bs7452/linuxhelp/cups.html

Thanks!

> If you aren't interested in the Samba stuff then you can just skip those
> steps.  The first step, which lists dependancies, is the most important as it
> sets you up with everything you need installed.  After that, you can just do
> the CUPS Web setup steps to configure the printer.

What do you mean by "which lists dependancies"?
Specifically, if this was just for a workstation connected to the internet,
only needing to print to a directly connected printer, would I need to apt-get
install all the items in step one?  For that case, can I eliminate any of the
following?

cupsys
libcupsys2
cupsys-pstoraster
cupsys-client
cupsys-bsd

Also, would i just do "apt-get install ___" for each of the items?  Do I need
to do anything (add some flags or options?) about dependancies?

Thanks!