Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent

On Thursday 17 January 2002 21:25, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2002 22:03, Yven Johannes Leist wrote:
> > concerning a) I think the agreement (as I understood it) to move
> > /usr/share/icons to/ usr/share/kde/icons is definitely a very good
> > starting point to make people happier about the namespace pollution in
> > /usr/share. concerning b): I definitely know that this is not exactly
> > trivial and since I'm not doing anything to help, it's definitely just a
> > wish and not to be considered as a criticism of the current situation in
> > any form
>
> Well it's quite trivial, it's a matter of changing a few files. Not much
> work.
nice ice to hear :-)

BTW this is sort of offtopic now, but what is the current state of the
objprelink kde and qt optimizations?
After Ivan decided not to do this any longer, I tried to do it myself, but
just ended with a completely broken libqt and kde packages :-)
Any ideas how to do this properly, or when this much needed optimization will
be in the official kde packets again (either via objprelink or of course even
better through new binutils) ?
Regards,
Yven

--