Re: Fix for KDE source distributions

On Thursday 17 January 2002 3:11 pm, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

> On Thursday 17 January 2002 17:03, James Thorniley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've done a patch for the acinclude.m4.in file which defines how source
> > distributions find the KDE install dirs that should make it work around
> > the non standard layout in debian (see my earlier posts re: location of
> > docs etc. someone has also mentioned the move of config files to
> > /etc/kde2, which this should also work around).
>
> That's certainly not a good idea James... There is a utility to find those
> dirs on a KDE installation, remember?

Hi, I don't think I explained how the patch works well enough

it *does not* hard code any directories into the configure system, in fact,
it hard codes less. It uses the kde-config utility supplied to work out the
correct directories to use. The standard acinclude.m4.in (that kdevelop gave
me for my project, anyway), does not do this.

Regards,
James