Re: KDE filesystem structure

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:55:17PM +0100, Hendrik Naumann wrote:
-snip-
> - From an sysadmin point of view it is realy nice to have MOST of the
> programms and the mayority of diskspace under /usr. I think many
> networks are planed that way. Shure one could just link /opt to
> /usr/opt and everything work, but then lets just start with
> /usr/opt.

I don't know if this is the case on all commerical *nix but /opt is
typically bigger than /usr on them, and on the machines I admin is much
larger.  So I guess the many networks planned that way (large /usr) are
all Linux networks?  /usr/opt isn't defined in FHS so would probably not
be a good idea.

Chris