Re: Mouse wheel and "horizontal actions"

On Sunday 13 January 2002 12:31 pm, Wolfgang Ratzka wrote:

> I just noticed, that the effect of the mouse wheel, when applied to
> horizontal sliders or scrollbars is:
>
>      up   ->  scrolls/slides left
>      down ->  scrolls/slides right
>
> Somehow this runs against my intuition. Any other opinions?

I suppose it's a matter of opinion and preference, but to me that
arrangement seems intuitive.  We read right to left and top to bottom, so
it seems natural to me to associate up with left and down with right.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.