Re: Work-needing packages report for Jan 4, 2002

>> Just out of curiosity, why have all these packages been orphaned
suddenly?

>> There was no prior notice of this on either this list or debian-devel.
>
>Because some arrogant assholes (called debian maintaners officially)
>have flamed Ivan on debian-devel for his very hard volunteer work. The
>most interesting is that they think they did it on behalf of Debian
>KDE Users.

Thank you debian maintainers for trying to completely remove all the hard
work Ivan has donated to try to keep KDE as up-to-date as possible.

>I can only add I fully understand Ivan's decision after reading the

I secend the vote for Ivan's great work and proper logic, especially
considering this also causes problems in Gnome I.E.:

<QUOTE>
By the way, "imlib1" is in the same boat as libqt2: I recompiled
imlib using libpng3 and loads of GNOME binaries started failing to
load icons.  So this issue affects all of GNOME as well as KDE.
</QUOTE>

Therefore, this is not Ivan's fault, as some debian maintainers seem to be
saying.

Ivan!

     I for one support you and your efforts, and I'm sure I'm not the only
one who feels this way. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

     John Gay