W3->Konqueror Does Not Work

When I wish to bring up a Konqueror window I must click on the Home icon on
my desktop.  Select Konqueror from the W3 menu on my Panel does nothing but
cause the name "Konqueror" to appear in the dock with the flashing hourglass
-- then after about 30 seconds it all disappears.

This problem/bug has persisted for over one (1) month and I'm sure that other
people have experienced the same thing on their systems.

I run Debian unstable.

Robert
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com