Re: KMail and Debian packages

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 07:37:30PM +0100, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2001 18:04, Michael Häckel wrote:
> > If it is really not possible to change that, wouldn't it then be
> > better to leave the whole KDE release in unstable until all
> > packages are ready for testing?
>
> Wouldn't making all KDE packages depend on kdelibs=2.2.1 and
> kdebase=2.2.1 be enough? New packages would be held back then until
> these other packages went through.

HELL NO!  that would mean that if I make a minor fix (say a typo fix in
the description or something that is Debian specific but with no code
change) that every single app would need to be rebuilt and uploaded.

> Actually, right now the problem is that KMail hasn't gotten through
> to testing yet but if the current KMail package depended on
> kdelibs=2.1.2 and kdebase=2.1.2 then these upgrades would be held
> back, too, right?

How about this everyone...  if you want something stable..use stable and
don't use testing.

I am not going to put in hacks to make things work for testing.  That's just
not the right way to go about things.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II