Re: "Save Link as..." in ftp-mode

On Saturday 20 October 2001 00:49, Jens Benecke wrote:

> > in the same way as in ftp mode: Following a link, going up one directory
> > and so on.
>
> FTP is basically a 'stripped down shell' which allows data transfers. HTTP
> is a protocol that only allows single document retrievals. You cannot do a
> 'ls -l' in HTTP.
>
> FTP is displayed just like a local disk, or any disk. "Save as..." doesn't
> really make sense here, just like it doesn't make sense  when you read a
> CD-ROM or floppy. What _does_ make sense is "copy", "move", etc.

I can't agree with that. In my opinion, the konqueror creates an _unified_
view of different protocols. I don't care about if the underlaying protocol
is ftp or http. What I want is a "Save as..." function. Maybe it is needless
on local disks, however, I'm tired to "copy / goto home / paste".

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##