Re: how to make Lexmark Z11 work with Debian?

On Friday 19 October 2001 21:07, Jerry Wang wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 02:48, Bob Underwood wrote:
> > On Friday 19 October 2001 11:49, Jerry Wang wrote:

> now the following packages are installed on my Debian -- cupsomatic-ppd,
> cupsys, cupsys-pstoraster, xpp, apsfilter, lpr
> when I execute xpp, it shows "No printer found, aborting." within an
> alert dialog box. what should I do next step?
>
> thank for ur help
>
> Jerry

i just checked the cupsomatic-ppd package and it does include the z11.  so it
appears that all you need to add is the cupsys-client and cupsys-bsd
packages; then configure with a browser at localhost:631 as noted by the
earlier poster.  the gimp1.2-print package has a different driver that will
also work.  either cupsomatic-ppd or gimp1.2-print should suffice, although
the quality may vary on individual machines.

the lpr and apsfilter packages are not necessary and can be safely
removed/purged from your system before adding the cupsys-client package.

hth

bob