Re: how to make Lexmark Z11 work with Debian?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: how to make Lexmark Z11 work with Debian?
- From: Bob Underwood <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:45:31 -0400
- Message-id: <01101922453100.03008@pappyyokum>
- In-reply-to: <1003540028.17141.14.camel@orbit>
- References: <1003506551.17141.4.camel@orbit> <01101914484700.01559@pappyyokum> <1003540028.17141.14.camel@orbit>
On Friday 19 October 2001 21:07, Jerry Wang wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 02:48, Bob Underwood wrote:
> > On Friday 19 October 2001 11:49, Jerry Wang wrote:
> now the following packages are installed on my Debian -- cupsomatic-ppd,
> cupsys, cupsys-pstoraster, xpp, apsfilter, lpr
> when I execute xpp, it shows "No printer found, aborting." within an
> alert dialog box. what should I do next step?
> thank for ur help
i just checked the cupsomatic-ppd package and it does include the z11. so it
appears that all you need to add is the cupsys-client and cupsys-bsd
packages; then configure with a browser at localhost:631 as noted by the
earlier poster. the gimp1.2-print package has a different driver that will
also work. either cupsomatic-ppd or gimp1.2-print should suffice, although
the quality may vary on individual machines.
the lpr and apsfilter packages are not necessary and can be safely
removed/purged from your system before adding the cupsys-client package.