Only Type1 fonts in kde?

I've upgraded two machines to woody and have been having
a problem with fonts.  When I first start kde after removing
.kde the fonts are fine.  When I go to Look and Feel Fonts
all of them show up.

When I change fonts they change fine.  But, after changing
font's, I log back into kde all of the fonts have
changed to baskerville and only the font's in Type1
show up in the settings.

I can fix this by removing .kde but it happens again
if I change fonts.

These fonts make kterm impossible to use so it's a pain.

Anyone know what the problem is?

--
B. L. Jilek <bljilek@yahoo.com>     | Linux user: 163800
PGP: RSA-0x64183EA1 DSS-0x66FF0BC1  | ICQ: 83785391