Re: Koffice 1.1 For KDE 2.1.2 On Potato ?

On Saturday 29 September 2001 18:04, Nick Boyce wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:26:08 +0200, Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> >> 1) Has anyone got any experience of Koffice 1.1 on KDE 2.1.2 on
> >> Potato, that they could share ?
> >
> >Not with KOfice 1.1 because...
> >
> >> 2) Does anyone know where I could download it from anyway ?
> >
> >...if I understand people on this list correct there are no Potato
> > packages. If I understand people right then KOffice 1.1 heavily needs KDE
> > 2.2 which needs a lot of new stuff in Debian. The stuff that is in Woody.
> > So making KOffice 1.1 for Potato would be a big back porting job
>
> Aah - *that* I understand - except for the "KOffice 1.1 needs KDE 2.2"
> bit.  Again, from the KOffice 1.1 release announcement at
> http://www.koffice.org/announcements/announce-1.1.phtml :

Apparantly you have looked more into the detailles than I did. Thanks. :o)
You are right, according to the link you sent, KOffice 1.1 should be able to
run under Potato and KDE 2.1.x, with a few minor shortcommings.

ftp://kde.debian.net/ is publically announced to be the place to get KOffice
1.1.
If my memory serves me well the original poster had difficulty finding the
1.1 packages, and frankly so do I.
It seems to be still the beta packages there, so if we want KOffice 1.1 we
will either have to wait for some intelligent person to make the debs, or we
will have to attempt to compile the source ourselves.

--

By the way Nick, when replying to a post on the list, then don't cc the
poster unless he specifically asks you to. If he's on the list he will get

Cheers

Johnny :o)