Re: Printing with KDE 2.2

Well, after searching around, I can't find anything regarding running
external scripts with cups.  The only *workaround* I can find would be to
somehow make a "filter" that every job passes though, which runs your script.
I would be willing to bet that it's just an oversight on my part, and a quick
post to the cups newsgroups
(http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?Gcups.general+H+VR) would get you an
answer.  However, I also found built-in job accounting (job-billing,
according to ipp), that would probably fit the bill, if you invested a bit of
time rewritting your scripts.  If you combine job-billing with user
authentication (both native in cups 1.1), you should be set.

HTH,

D.A.Bishop