Re: apt-get package priorities / installing KDE troubles

                    Walter
                    Hofmann              To:     debian-kde@lists.debian.org
                    <walterh@gmx.        cc:
                    de>                  Subject:     apt-get package priorities / installing KDE troubles

                    20/08/01
                    15:34

[This is not really kde specific, but maybe someone can help me. Walter]

Hi,

I'm running an up-to-date "testing" system and I would like to upgrade a
minimum set of packages so that I can use KDE 2.2 without useing the
rest of unstable.
<i think it's safe to snip here>

if you don't want to upgrade your system to unstable, don't use apt-get
dist-upgrade

just add the sid lines to /etc/apt/sources.list, then
apt-get update
apt-get install kdelibs3 kdebase (and anything else you might want)

postmaster@scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.

SCEE 2001