Re: apt-get package priorities / installing KDE troubles

  >>> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:34:47 +0200,
  >>> "Walter" == Walter Hofmann <walterh@gmx.de> wrote:

  Walter> I'm running an up-to-date "testing" system and I would like to upgrade a
  Walter> minimum set of packages so that I can use KDE 2.2 without useing the
  Walter> rest of unstable. I read the other posts (especially the one about
  Walter> pinning packets) and the /etc/apt/preferences manual page, but I still
  Walter> get some odd effects.

Hi Walter.  Yes, it does look like apt-get is not honouring your
/etc/apt/preferences file.  I had a similar problem at one point, which
turned out to be due to corruption on my local Debian mirror.  See

You might want to try running apt-get with "Debug::pkgPolicy" enabled, e.g.

    apt-get -s -o Debug::pkgPolicy=true dist-upgrade

This will show you what priority is being assigned to each Package file.
Hope that helps.

--
cheers, Mike

"Every so often, I like to go to the window, look up, and smile for a
 satellite picture."
    -- Stephen Wright