Re: kde.tdyc.com unreachable?

On Friday 25 May 2001 05:30, Frank Zimmermann wrote something to this effect:
> Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> >         Hello, I browsed through the list archives (I am not
> > subscribed) first, but I could not find any mention about this: are there
> > any persistent problems with the kde packages for potato that used to be
> > available at kde.tdyc.com? Apparently, only some of the authoritative DNS
> > servers for the tdyc.com domain know the hostname kde.tdyc.com, those who
> > do answer but the host at this IP number has been
> > unreachable for some days now, apparently because of some firewall in
> > between. Actually, I get:
> >
> > gmulas@capitanata:~$ ping
> > PING ( from : 56(84) bytes
> > of data.
> >
> > >From Packet filtered
> >
> > Now the questions are the following:
> >
> > 1) has the apt'able archive of kde packages for potato been taken out of
> > line or have some networks (including mine) been filtered out upstream
> > for some reason?
> >
> > 2) is there any other up to date apt'able mirror available? I cannot look
> > at the web pages at kde.tdyc.com myself, since it is unreachable from
> > here
> >
> > 3) is there any other up to date mirror offering the rsync service? I
> > maintain some 15 debian potato boxes here and for that reason I have been
> > keeping a local, unofficial, partial mirror of the kde packages for
> > potato, which is now out of date.
> >
> > Thanks, bye
> > Giacomo
> So why don't you have a closer look at the Debain archives
> especially the last 2 days?? kde.tdyc.com is down.
> Frank

         Here is a link that a very fine soul sent to the list a while ago:

It gives a fairly nice listing of all the mirror sites, and works well. :--)

	I'm curious. If you follow the list, why didn't YOU offer this to him?
Instead of the almost nasty responce that TDYC was gone? We ARE here to
assist/help each other........
	(no flame intented, intentionally or accidently)

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at;
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus

MessageID: THV1GCd9TY/3L2JxhPqtnIwPb5hM24U0