Sound module not loading

I have a couple of machines which are based off potato. Both have
recently been having problems with the sound server in KDE. In the
control center, if I click on Sound->Sound Server I receive an error
from the KDE Control Module saying "There was an error loading the
module. The diagnostics is:" with no additional information. Also,
artsd no longer starts automatically, but I can run it manually once
I've started KDE.

I've looked around in the log files, but can't find any obvious cause
of the errors. I've also removed my ~/.kde directory, but that didn't
change anything.

Any ideas?

--
Tim Everding