Re: packages (stable, unstable, and somewhere in between)

On Wednesday 16 May 2001 10:21, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> I think there is a way. But you have to go with an APT ( and dpkg ?) from
> unstablee or testing.
>
> After that it should be possible to use the pinning feature from APT and
> you can install gimp/unstable. (I have not playerd with that as I have an
> unstable system)

I guess it is necessary to have deb lines in the source.list for both testing
and unstable (and possible stable, for non-developers...), but how can i do a
daily crontab "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to testing instead of
unstable, for which the debs have higher (or equal) version numbers?

Egon