Re: Running dockapps from other window managers

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:28:24AM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> When I run wmusic on the command line, nothing happens, I have to press
> ^C to exit.

Actually, something happens.  It starts minimized.  You need to unminimize
it from the task bar.

> When I run `wmusic -w` (windowed mode for AfterStep support) I get a
> normal application window with a working wmusic.  But how do I get this
> into the task bar?

You don't.  There are two ways to use WindowMaker dock apps.  The first is
just as you did in the first place.  Unminimize it and then move it with
ALT-left-mouse.  It will stay where you put it and remember any
command-line options.  The second is first to launch the panel dock
extension, which will swallow the dock app.  The problem with this is that
the dock extension doesn't remember dock app command line arguments.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA