Re: scroll wheel

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 05:29:05PM -0500, James Smith wrote:
> From: James Smith <josmith@uncg.edu>
> To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
> Subject: scroll wheel
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get a scroll wheel on a mouse working in KDE
> without using an external program like imwheel?

With X4.x.x as long as you use the proper protocol for you mouse, and
number of buttons (wheel up/down count as one button each), it works out
of the box.

That said, some apps require special resources to work, notably
netscape. You can find the resources with google.com; sth like
'wheel mouse netscape'

If you still have X3.3.x, without imwheel I beleive you have to
explicitly set resources for all/most apps. I never got anything besides
netscape to scroll with X3.x.x and never ran KDE at all under X3.x.x.

HTH

Gordon Sadler