Re: Updates to kdelibs3 or Aha, I knew something was wrong!

> 	This memory leak also seems to have evidenced another memory
> 	leak: it *seems* that Linux 2.4.4 also has a memory leak
> 	(memory which was allocated on swap after the Konqueror thing
> 	didn't get back even *after* I went to the console using
> 	single user mode!).
I'm fairly sure that this is a deliberate design decision in all the 2.4.x
kernels.  Once memory is swapped out, it is not removed from the swap, even
if the page is swapped back in to physical RAM.
Here's a discussion about it from on kernel traffic:
http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/kt20010330_113.html#6