Re: kdevelop and konqueror questions
- To: "Debian KDE List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: kdevelop and konqueror questions
- From: Rich Renomeron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:48:13 -0400
- Message-id: <01043017481301.00582@pooh>
- In-reply-to: <01043003030300.01393@linux>
- References: <01043003030300.01393@linux>
On Sunday 29 April 2001 21:03, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> 2. Is there a way to specify a home dir for web browsing in Konq that
> is not equal to the one in kfm view? Actually it makes absolutely no
> sense that both are the same.
Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately.
> 3.How can I read gunzipped textfiles with konq without using ark or
> the like? Netscape can do this.
Right-click on the icon, select "open with", choose your app.
Quick Permanent Way:
Click "remember application association" in the "open with" dialog box.
Next time, right-click the icon, select the app.
If All Else Fails:
Go to Settings->Configure Konq->File Assocaiations, find
application/x-gzip, add an association.
> 4. How can I say konqueror to NOT open an extra window when viewing a
> text file?
Go to Settings->Configure Konq->File Assocaiations, find text/plain (or
whatever), click on "Embedding" tab.
From the Desktop of Rich Renomeron
Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer.