Re: task-kde only marginally useful

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 01:15:11PM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:

> I guess I'll need to look at writing an "upgrade-task" prog that tries to
> install everything a task depends on (and recommends or suggests items if
> they are already installed).

A good starting point is what I use:

apt-get install `dpkg -s task-kde |egrep "^(Depends|Suggests)" | sed s/,//g | cut -d: -f2`

but I have to weed out conflicting packages manually. Solving this (e.g.
choosing the first of two choices all the time or having the user decide)
is up to you. :)

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"