AA fonts and all

Ok...so I keep testing AA once in a while to see what's going on....the
extent of this usually is

  export QT_XFT=1
  konsole

if it dies I know it does not work.  Well, I did a strace of konsole this
last time and noticed it did die directly after it loaded the font...
a font out of /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1...so I took that fontdir out of my
XftConfig file and wala..it works...

the files under that dir were provided by gsfonts-x11...which unfortunatly
is required by the java packages from blackdown...so I just rm'd them
manually...

My question is...is this a solution for other's still having AA crashes?

And the other question is...can someone tell me what's wrong. Is it as simple
as a buggy font, can it be solved by the gsfonts-x11 maintainer, or do I need
a conflict?

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II