Re: Compiling KwinTV?

[...]

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt

[...]
> As far as I can tell, everything has compiled but when it tries to link the
> executable, it can't find the lqt and mt lib's? This is only a WAG, as I'm
> not that great at compiling. Can someone make out what is failing, and even
> better, what I need to do about it? I tried running ldconfig, just in case,
> but it still didn't work.

no...it's not that it can't find the lqt and mt libs, it cant find the
lqt-mt libs.  It's trying to link to the mt version of qt.

  apt-get install libqt-mt-dev

> My other question is, once I've got make complete, will make install put
> everything into the right directories for a Debian-based system or will I
> need to change anything first? Ideally I'd like to build, test and contribute
> a .deb for kwintv as I can't seem to find one but I know little enough about
> just compiling software. I wouldn't know where to start to make a .deb out of
> it.

dunno...I haven't tried to build/install kwintv for quite some time so I don't
know where it wants to put things.

If you want to know how to build .deb's, you should look at the packaging
manuals and whatnot.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II