Re: Compiling KwinTV?

>no...it's not that it can't find the lqt and mt libs, it cant find the
>lqt-mt libs.  It's trying to link to the mt version of qt.
>
>  apt-get install libqt-mt-dev

This fixed the linking problem and make ran clean. Thanx!

>> My other question is, once I've got make complete, will make install put
>> everything into the right directories for a Debian-based system or will I
>> need to change anything first? Ideally I'd like to build, test and contribute
>> a .deb for kwintv as I can't seem to find one but I know little enough about
>> just compiling software. I wouldn't know where to start to make a .deb out of
>> it.
>
>dunno...I haven't tried to build/install kwintv for quite some time so I don't
>know where it wants to put things.

Once I had everything compiled, I tried running ./kwintv from the directory it
was left in, but it failed because nothing was installed where it wanted it.
I.E. it's own tools and such.

Tried make install and this failed to place some icon in
/usr/local/kde/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps due to missing directories. I
created the directories and make install finished, but I don't know where kwintv
was put and neither does my system? typing kwintv at the command line just gives
command not found? At this point it was 03:00 and I needed to get up @06:00 for
work so I went to bed. It might just turn up after a re-boot.

>If you want to know how to build .deb's, you should look at the packaging
>manuals and whatnot.

I'd love to, but with 12 hour work days 3 days a week, Programming night classes
twice a week, Beta testing Progeny Linux, watching Debian-kde develop and become
more stable each time you update something and not knowing a great deal about
Linux or programming, It would be just a bit too much for me to take on at the
moment. Maybe when the world slows down or I get up-to-speed with programming
I'll have another look : )

Thanks again for your excellent assistance and for putting so much time into
getting KDE to work on Potato systems! I can attest that for MY Woody/testing
based Progeny system your latest releases seem to be very stable. Keep up the
great work!!!

Cheers,

     John Gay