Re: KNode and Startup Delay?

El Lun 26 Feb 2001 13:15, Robert Tilley escribió:
> Whenever I begin the program KNode, there is a startup delay between the
> windows opening, clicking an a news group and the newsgroup actually being
> selected and displaying it's contents.  This delay has been measured to be
> more than 20 seconds in some cases.

You're lucky. In my case it takes 2 minutes (in my pentium 133).
I'm using KNode/0.4beta3. KNode 0.3.3 doesn't have this delay!!!

> Can someone provide information?  This begins by clicking on the KNode
> icon. Approximately 20 seconds can elapse before any mouse clicks are
> interpreted and menus drop down.  It seems to be doing some internal
> newsgroup consistency checking, but that's only my feeling.

No. According to strace it is trying to open some configuration files from
kde once and again, maybe for each message.

I've been told the knode from kde 2.1 is faster, which version do you have?

--
Ricardo Villalba
rvm@linuxfan.com