Re: kfloppy works ?

>  T>   Has someone used kfloppy ? On my four linuxboxes it simply does nothing : I
>  T> want an ext2 filesystem with complete formatting, checking and all... and
>  T> after less than 2 seconds it just tells me it is finished with no error ! I
>  T> know it worked with KDE1 and some beta of KDE 2.0.
>  T>   The permissions are OK, I think :
>
>  T> brw-rw----    1 root     floppy     2,   0 jui  5  2000 /dev/fd0
>
>  T> and my users are in the floppy group.
>  T>   Any idea ?
>
> Kfloppy just creates a file system but does not format (even when I
> select "Full Format" and "Verify on".
>
> With KDE2 I never succeeded in formatting a floppy up to now!! -- Bug?

I can only speak for the version I am running wich is the latest CVS version
(currently being uploaded to Debian for unstable)...

kfloppy is *extremly* fast in formatting the floppy I slapped in the drive..I
formatted it for both dos and then ext2...both completed successfully.

I am in the group floppy...and I also have dosfstools installed (needed for
the dos formatting)

I'm not sure what problems you all are having...maybe it's the version your
running and it has since been fixed...but I do know that it currently works.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II