Re: kppp doesn't work out of the box

The following is a slightly edited bash session of a kppp
installation (a reinstallation to be sure):

***BEGIN BASH SESSION***

debian:/home/penguin# apt-get install --reinstall kppp
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove
and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/375kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 30031 files and directories currently
installed.)
Preparing to replace kppp 4:2.0.1-0.potato1 (using
.../kppp_2.0.1-0.potato1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kppp ...
Setting up kppp (2.0.1-0.potato1) ...

debian:/home/penguin# which kppp | xargs ls -all
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      /usr/bin/kppp
debian:/home/penguin# which pppd | xargs ls -all
-rwsr-xr--    1 root     dip       /usr/sbin/pppd

***END BASH SESSION***

In /etc/ppp/options, I also needed to set "auth" to "noauth."