Re: libqt2.2(-dev) does not conflict libqt2(-dev)??

Thanks Ivan, for your explanation.

So I removed libqt2-dev and then re-installed libqt2-dev. Now That the error
in the previous mail is gone. libqt2.2-dev files are (partly) overwritten by
libqt2-dev files and these are the files kpgpcrypt expects I suppose.

apt-get gives a lot of messages like this:
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/qt2/include/qiodevice.h', which is also in
package libqt2.2-dev

I wonder what will happen when the I try to link or run the application
(kpgpcrypt): I need to overwrite libqt2.2 with libqt2 everytime I want to
start this application? And when some kde2.1 application really needs
libqt2.2 I need to do the opposite?
libqt2.2-dev and libqt2-dev have also importent files in common (according to
'apt-get install libqt2' output when libqt2.2-gl is installed)

dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so.2', which is also in package
libqt2.2-gl
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libqt.so.2', which is also in package
libqt2.2-gl

Now I get a error on kde includes when continuing to compile kpgpcrypt. So I
guess that kpgpcrypt is not ready for kde2.1 as it was not ready for qt2.2...

I am running kde2.1, there is no way of compiling/running kde2.0 applications
on a kde2.1 system I guess?

Gerralt