kdm2.1 does exit immediately

Hello,

I installed kde2.1 for potato with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and the
following line in sources.list:
deb ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde potato main crypto optional qt1apps beta

However, after I did that, kdm does not start anymore. I think this is
strange, no errormessage in any logfile or so.
I downgraded kdm to  kdm_4%3a2.0.1-0.potato5_i386.deb and now everything
works perfect again (the other kde2.1 packages are still installed, and I see
some nice improvements in kde2.0.1-->kde2.1)

Gerralt