Re: Umlauts

Hi!

Better read the archive before posting! 8-)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde-0012/msg00215.html

	Soenke

Rainer Dorsch wrote:

Hello,

I installed the KDE packages as described on http://kde.tdyc.com/ on a
Debian 2.2.r0 system. Installation went well, the first problem I am
faced withis that the German umlauts are not working, but something
unreadable is displayed instead. If the umlauts are in html pages
displayed by konquerer, they work properly.

I read something on the kde-devel mailing list about utf8, but it was
not enough information, that it really helped me.

Any hint is welcome.

Thanks.

--
                             Sönke von Stamm