KDE 2.0.1 debian package: wrong charset

Hi,

I yesterday installed the complete debian KDE 2.0.1 packeges and after restarting KDE the german special characters weren't like I expected anymore, say: each of them consisted of two characters, none of which was the correct one. So I re-installed the kde-i18n-de package and it told me there was a conflict with another package (name forgotten) which also owned the file /usr/share/locale/de/charset. So I looked into that file and found the word "utf8" in it. As there had been two characters diplayed for each german special one I thought this could be some unicode 16bit thingie and - right! - i changed utf8 to utf16. Now everything's just fine. =8)

btw, as i tried to install the whole kde-i18n stuff I found some conflicts (eg kde-i18n-pl doesn't like kde-i18n and other packets required by kde-i18n weren't there)

yours
       Sönke
        ^

       =;)

--
Ping Netzwerksysteme GmbH  -  Sönke von Stamm
Lavesstr. 80, 30159 Hannover, http://www.pingworld.net