Re: How to best collaborate with games and junior tasks

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:44:22PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
>> What happens with
>> recursive or circular dependencies between metapackages, if that
>> was the case?
>
> This case did not happen in the past.  Since there is no code that
> regards metapackages resolving (as explained in my other mail) nothing
> happens at all.

Ok.

>> > We could develop special tasks for children and maintain those packages
>> > within the Debian Games Blend and you could simply depend on those
>> > packages. The downside is that they won't show up in your web sentinel
>> > for now as Andreas has already pointed out.
>>
>> Package resolution of metapackages seems to be solveable.
>
> +1
>
>> Recommending software based on social aspects is hard. I don't think
>> that will happen any time soon.
>
> +1
>
>> Help is still very welcome! An easy way is to keep a look on the commits
>> to the debian-junior packaging repository, reviewing those if there is
>> anything to comment.
>
> +1
>
> While I'm doing this from a technical point of view I'm afraid a look
> from additional persons who are educated about the available software in
> Debian (and outside Debian) is missing.

Yeah, I am saving up the work done now and waiting to release some
nice and peppy news to Debian project NEWS or devel-announce.
Hopefully that can gain some traction.

> Thanks for your work on this

Thank you Andreas, for keeping Debian Junior afloat all these years.

--
Per