Re: How to best collaborate with games and junior tasks

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:44:22PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> What happens with
> recursive or circular dependencies between metapackages, if that
> was the case?

This case did not happen in the past.  Since there is no code that
regards metapackages resolving (as explained in my other mail) nothing
happens at all.

> > We could develop special tasks for children and maintain those packages
> > within the Debian Games Blend and you could simply depend on those
> > packages. The downside is that they won't show up in your web sentinel
> > for now as Andreas has already pointed out.
>
> Package resolution of metapackages seems to be solveable.

+1

> Recommending software based on social aspects is hard. I don't think
> that will happen any time soon.

+1

> Help is still very welcome! An easy way is to keep a look on the commits
> to the debian-junior packaging repository, reviewing those if there is
> anything to comment.

+1

While I'm doing this from a technical point of view I'm afraid a look
from additional persons who are educated about the available software in
Debian (and outside Debian) is missing.

Thanks for your work on this

    Andreas.

--