Re: Migrated Debian Junior to Git

Hi Per,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 07:00:02PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> I registered the debianjr-maintainers@l.a.d.o list now also, will change
> the maintainer to this list in order to separate team discussions from
> bugs and uploads etc.

+1

> (I don't know exactly how the README.status was made in multimedia
> blend, so I just copied it manually to mark EOL for the debianjr svn repo.)

This was manually edited (if I'm not mistaken).  At least it looks
familiar to what we drop in Debian Med SVN when doing some migrations to
Git.

> How is that web sentinel published? It was late so I did not have the
> energy to dig deep in random docs to find out how. (Could not find any
> immedietely relevant docs in the repo.)

   http://blends.debian.org/blends

It is published by `git pull` done on the host hosting blends.d.o but
you need permission to `sudo blends`.  I just noticed the commit on the
Blends commit list and did so.  You can also ping me since for the rare
cases when these files need updates it does not need the extra
permission for several people.

> I also added some packages in the tasks and a new games-adventure
> task.
>
> Will start to bring in some of the orphaned packages that debian-junior
> source package recommends (package in our tasks).

Perhaps you might like the Debian Games tasks inspiring.  These are
maintained since some weeks and I like the change a lot.

> I will try to document all above and suggestions for packaging and team
> procedures on the team page on the Debian wiki.

In Debian Med team we have used Debian Perl policy as cut-n-paste
template which was quite a good idea.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--