Re: What I need for my kids

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 02:07:48AM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> > 6. maybe a seperate set of post-install scripts for setting things up
> > in a kid friendly way.
>
> What do you mean with it?
>
> A kid of 3 years put the CD into the drive and install
> the Debian-Kids-Cd alone?  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

no, I mean a set set of post-install scripts that run when one
installs a debian-jr meta-package that would allow a parent to
configure X session stuff for children. Or, as has been discussed
elsewhere in this thread, a configuration front-end for the same
purpose at a parent could use to configure childrens' accounts.

but, sure, why not! My kids are already very familiar with the windows
procedure -- insert game cd, click on icon to launch it. Why not a
debian-jr live cd (as Ben is already working on) that brings up a
debian-jr system. Maybe not to install (though that could be an
option). How about this? set up the disk so that if it is auto-started
in windows, it use linloader or some similar system to bootstrap up a
debian instance. then debian could take over the machine!