Re: Live CD as a focal point for reviving Jr development

Hi all! I'm new in all this, I have some ideas that would like to discuss with you all, and maybe add them on the new version of the live cd.

- Packages on age groups.
I think packages should be on groups. I think this clasification would be perfect to do it with kindergarden teachers so they know what average kids need on each steps. When the parents creates the kid profile (that would be nice to save it somehow) would show only the games according to its age.

- Internet filter
Would be nice to have some panel where the parents can configure the livecd to conect to internet or not. Have a dansguardian or something to filter contents.

- Colorful, nice, etc. Clear big icons for little kids.

If this means toooo many info....is possible to do a DVDlive?

Would be nice to have an alioth project, with a wiki to put to-do things, screenshots, etc etc etc .. Our own alioth project would be nice.

Then the same packages included on the live cd might also packaged as debian packages, for example having junior-3yearsold.deb

Thats all till now :)
ASCIIGirl