Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 08:22:20AM -0700, Sam Hart wrote:
> Well, along those same lines isn't there nEdit?

What a good idea (if I do say so myslef :)

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/junior-writing.html

> Granted... I've always liked Abiword, and ain't too certain that a simple
> editor is exactly the replacement we'd want.

I have concluded (at least tentatively) that there is no real replacement
for Abiword available.  At present I'm just crossing my fingers and knocking
on wood(y) that Abiword is just too important and will be re-added before
Sarge releases.  It seems to be actively maintained, at least (even if the
latest upload was an NMU :/ )

> (BTW, anyone wanna buy a grosse of canned peaches? I hear there's some
> really good deals floating around on them ;-)

Heh.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca